Top 5 Worst Fruits For Diabetics
Diabetes Smarts Program
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
1) Watermelons and melons, in general, are amongst the fruits with the highest sugar content. Watermelon is high on the glycemic index and contains very little fiber. Try pairing it with low GI, high fiber fruits.
2) Pineapples are very high in sugar content, 100grams of pineapple could flood about 10 grams of sugar into your bloodstream. One cup of pineapple will give you over 100% of your daily recommended vitamin C.
3) Bananas are high in carbohydrates, and one medium-sized banana has around 14 grams of sugar. One banana also gives you about 10% of your daily recommended intake of fiber.
4) 1 date alone will give you around 18 grams of carbs and nearly 70 calories. Dates also come packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory flavonoids as well as carotenoids.
5) Mangoes are amongst the most dangerous fruits for diabetics to consume. One cup of mangoes contains about 23 grams of sugar and 100 calories.
6) Dried fruits may seem like a healthy snack, but by removing the water content of these fruits, the sugar content becomes highly concentrated.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?