Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
The Stay At Home Chef
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is so full of flavor and it’s easy to make in large batches for freezing or canning for easy homemade meals that are prepared ahead.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large white onion, minced
• 5 cloves garlic, crushed
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
• 1 tablespoon ground oregano
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ cup chopped fresh basil
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1️⃣ Heat a large pot on the stove over medium high heat. Add in olive oil and saute onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add in 5 cloves and saute another 30-60 seconds.
2️⃣ Pour in chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, fennel, oregano, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Bring to a simmer.
3️⃣ Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-4 hours. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until the desired consistency is achieved, leaving it slightly chunky, or making it completely smooth.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?