Comfort Corn Chowder Soup Recipe
This is the perfect soup for a cold winter day!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups yukon gold or red potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled (optional)
- The flour in this recipe can be replaced with 1 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch
- White pepper is used in this recipe so that the black flakes are not visible for a more appealing dish. However, if you don’t have white pepper you could always use black pepper, you’ll just have a speckled soup.