Can you eat just one meal a day? The human body can survive without a bite of food for up to 3 weeks. Of course, it’s a different story with water; you wouldn’t last more than 3 or 4 days without it! You and I both know that people are expected to eat 3 full meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Depending on how filling those meals are, you may squeeze in a few snacks here and there. It usually takes about 4 hours after each meal for your belly to start making those too-often-than-not embarrassingly monstrous growls, reminding you that it’s time for your next meal!
But with different diets and fasting gaining popularity, I couldn’t help but wonder what would happen to my body if I ate just one meal every day for 30 days. I did it, and here’s what I got out of it!
What the one meal a day diet is 1:44
The pros of this diet 2:38
The cons of this diet 4:05
How I felt after the 30 days 5:30
What a number of studies have shown 6:17
#diet #onemealaday #weightloss
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– You eat just one meal a day. There aren’t too many strict guidelines to this diet. You can essentially eat any foods you want and as much as you want, as long as it’s during your one singular meal of the day.
– Unlike a lot of other diets, there are no special ingredients involved and no annoying calorie counting. If you want French fries, have French fries! If you’re craving a big bowl of spaghetti, go for it!
– If weight loss is a goal of yours, it’s important not to overeat during your one meal since it can disrupt the diet’s ability to help you maintain a steady drop in pounds.
– After trying it for a couple of days, I found that my body quickly adjusted to this way of eating, and my appetite really wasn’t that raging. This must be because my stomach probably shrank after a few days, so I felt satisfied with just one meal a day.
– For the first couple days, my stomach was definitely feeling hunger pangs. It started with stomach growls and ended with painful cramping.
– For the first week, I just wanted to lie on the couch and Netflix and chill all day long. My energy was super low, and I felt so lethargic.
– After the 30 days, I found that I’d actually dropped a few pounds! I felt pretty awesome not only because I’d gotten leaner and felt healthier, but I was also really proud of myself for sticking to a diet that I easily could’ve given up on.
– One of the main concerns I found online was the fact that women and men respond differently to this type of intermittent fasting. Women have a stronger need for iron in their diet.
– I also read up on different studies. One of them was conducted in 2017 by researchers at the University of Saskatchewan. They found that the one meal a day diet can be helpful for people suffering from type 2 diabetes since it helps with weight loss and reducing blood sugar levels.
– Other studies have shown that it can really help increase the lifespan in people with obesity.
– It just a super specific thing that each person should check with their doctor to see if they can do it safely. A lot of people swear by it, and I’m happy with the weight loss results I got.