Note: These are great warm from the skillet or cold, packed for lunch with a container of sauce for dipping.
Prep Time: 10–15 minutes
What you need:
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen spinach, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Cooking spray
Equipment and supplies:
- A 10- to 12-inch skillet
- Thin spatula (metal preferred)
What to do:
- Lay 2 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide spinach and cheese between the tortillas.
- Top with remaining 2 tortillas.
- Place skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.
- Gently slide 1 pizzadilla into the pan and cook until light golden brown on one side (about 1–2 minutes).
- Using a thin spatula, gently flip over the pizzadilla and cook for 30–60 seconds more or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove pizzadilla and cut into triangles. Repeat with remaining pizzadilla.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- You can wrap and refrigerate leftovers to take to school for lunch.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 170 calories
- 10g protein
- 5g fat
- 2.5g sat. fat
- 27g carbohydrate
- 4g fiber
- 10mg cholesterol
- 550mg sodium
- 3g sugars
Serving size: half a pizzadilla
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.