Pita Bread Recipe with Easy Shawarma (Doner) Cheat Recipe
Today we are making an easy but classic homemade pita bread. You don’t even need an oven for this recipe. Our version is so delicate, fluffy and delicious that this can easily be your go to recipe for Pita from now on! What is Pita bread without döner? In this video we are showing you a lazy döner recipe as well. So, make this Pita stuff it with this delicious and easy döner and enjoy!
375 g all-purpose flour, 2,5 cups + 2 tablespoons
1 cup, 250 ml water, lukewarm
10 g instant yeast, 1 sachet
1 heaped teaspoon salt
1 pinch of sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
● In a bowl or a glass mix the water, yeast and sugar and let it sit for a couple of minutes until dissolved.
● Meanwhile, combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and add the yeast water mix and olive oil.
● Knead the dough for about 6-7 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
● Rub the dough and the bowl with oil and cover with a damp kitchen cloth. Let the dough rise for 30-40 minutes at room temperature or until doubled in size.
● After rising, dust your work surface with flour and transfer the dough on your counter and divide into 10 equal balls (65g each).
● First cover with a dry then damp cloth to prevent drying. Leave them for 30 minutes to rest
● Using a floured rolling pin, roll one of the pieces into an ellipsis that’s 20-22 cm (7-8 inches) wide and about a quarter of an inch thick. Then let it sit for 3-4 minutes, for it to rise well while cooking.
● Heat a cast iron pan and lay the rolled-out pitas directly on the hot pan. Instead of cast iron, you can use the back of an oven tray as well.
● Cook the breads until they become partially brown for about 1,5 minutes on low heat. Then flip the pita over to cook for another 1,5 minutes on the other side. The pita is ready when it puffs up forming a pocket.
● Remove from the pan and cover the pitas with a clean towel while you work on the rest of the pitas to keep them warm and soft.
500 g fillet steak, rib eye steak, entrecote or top loin steak works great as well
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of yoghurt
5-6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1,5 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, sliced into semicircles or piyaz cut😜
10-15 sprigs of parsley, chopped
● To make the fake doner, cut the meat in half sideways.
● Season with the salt and black pepper and olive oil and sear in the hot cast iron pan.
● After searing meat, place it on the cutting board and slice as thin as possible.
● Add the salt, black pepper, fresh thyme, and yoghurt and combine well.
● Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan and sauté the meat on high heat. Make sure that you add the meat in two batches and give it a stir. Otherwise, adding all the meat at once may cause them to boil instead of fry.
● To make the onion salad, sprinkle a pinch of salt on the onions and rub them till they are soft.
● Fill the pita pockets with the doner, add the onion and parsley.
● It is time to eat! Take the perfect bite and enjoy with your loved ones!