CRISPIEST Fried Eggplant (VEGAN) | TASTIEST Fried Baingan With A Twist
Curries With Bumbi
Baingan pakora or beguni as we call in Bengali is a very popular street food but it is widely made at all homes as a tea time snack or as a side to be had with rice and dal. I have given a twist to the pakora recipe by making it crispier using breadcrumbs and giving them a cute fan shape. Following certain tips and tricks you can make the crispiest baingan pakora that you ever had.
Ingredients required for making fried brinjal –
* Eggplant – 2 Medium sized
* gram flour(besan) – 3/4 th cup. You can even use plain white flour(maida) or garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour or even cornflour (cornstarch). Make a thin consistency batter. If you are not on a vegan diet you can happily use 2 eggs instead of gram flour.
* baking powder – 1 teaspoon
* Water – 3/4 th cup. Do not rely on this measurement as sometimes you may need less or more depending on the quality of flour. You need a very thin batter unlike a normal pakora batter.
* Curry Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
* Salt – 1/2 teaspoon for the batter
* White flour – required for dusting the eggplant. ****Just lightly dust and shake off any excess.Heavy coating will lead to the pakoras getting hard. You can even skip this step if you are using white flour as your batter.
* breadcrumbs – as much needed to coat the eggplants. **** Do not use panko breadcrumbs. Use regular breadcrumbs.
* Oil – for deep frying