The Cooking Foodie
This lentil curry is creamy, rich, healthy and very easy to make. If you have never tried lentil curry, you must try this coconut lentil curry! This is a one-pot recipe, vegan and gluten free. Perfect a midweek dinner or lunch.
Full printable recipe + tips how to make the best lentil curry: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/reci…
2 tablespoons Oil
1 Onion, chopped
4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons Grated ginger
2 teaspoons Curry powder
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 can (14oz/400g) Tomato sauce/crushed tomatoes
3 cups (720ml) Water
1 can (14oz/400g) Coconut milk
1 cup (190g) Dried lentils
1 teaspoon Garam masala (optional)
1-2 tablespoons Coriander leaves, chopped *optional
1. Rinse the lentil under cold water and set aside.
2. Heat oi in a large pan/pot. Add chopped onion and sauté over medium heat, until lightly golden, about 5-6 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, coconut milk, lentils, salt, pepper. Stir well, bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
4. Lentils should be soft and the sauce should be creamy. If too thick, add more water, too thin, simmer for 10-15 more (with a lid off).
5. Check the seasoning, if needed add salt/pepper. Turn the heat off add chopped coriander and stir.
6. Serve with rice, naan or as is.