Can You Make McDonald’s Travis Scott Burger at Home? `Always Make It Fancy` w/ This GOURMET Version
Hey everyone! We’re gonna try something a little different than our usual content today. We’re gonna be making the now-famous Travis Scott quarter pounder burger from McDonald’s. I gotta say, I don’t really listen to Scott’s music but he really does know his signature burger. We have a more audacious claim, however, that our gourmet version of this delicious burger turned out… well, even more delicious! We did not stop there though, we added the crispy and has-been famous McDonald’s french fries to the mix and voila! Don’t forget to watch the entire video and let us know what you think! 😍
Gourmet Travis Scott Burger:
250 gr ground beef, (plate, rib or brisket, grinded once through medium plate)
1 teaspoon smoked salt, (see the recipe below)
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon bread crumb
2 slices of smoked, cured meat (any kind of smoked meat is fine)
8 slices of American cheese (or Cheddar cheese)
2 small handfuls of sliced onion
2 small handfuls of sliced lettuce
4 gherkin pickles, sliced
6 capers, chopped
2 burger buns
McDonald’s French Fries
1 large potato, peeled and sliced (½ cm by ½ cm thick or 0,2’’ by 0,2’’ thick and prefer a starchy potato)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups ice
2 cups cold water
3 tablespoons beef fat, (alternatively you can use lard as well)
A slice of smoked, cured meat
Sunflower oil ( any frying oil, smoke point around 220-230 C, 430-445 F)
A slice of smoked, cured meat
1 tablespoon coarse, rock or sea salt
• For the smoked salt, add the smoked meat and the coarse salt in a food processor and pulse until they are well combined. You can use this salt for any food that you want to add smoky flavour.
• For the Mc Donald’s French fries, combine the potatoes, ice, cold water, and sugar in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least for about 30 minutes or overnight if you have time.
• While the fries are soaking, in a big pot, heat the oil with the beef fat and the slice of smoked meat until the oil reaches 180 C (350 F).
• Remove the fries from water and pat dry. Add them to the oil in 2 batches and partially fry them for 3,5 to 4 minutes on 130 C (226 F). Don’t add the second batch immediately, wait until the oil is hot enough again.
• Take out them from the pot onto a wire rack. When they are cooled down, place them into freezer for 15 minutes. If you want to stock fries for later, you can prepare big batches and after freezing, fill them into plastic bags and store around 6 months. They will be ready to fry whenever you want.
• For the final frying, heat the oil to 220 C (428 F) and add the fries carefully. Fry them on high heat until they are golden brown.
• Drain the fries. Generously sprinkle with smoked salt and serve immediately.
• For the Travis Scott burger, mix the ground beef, smoked salt, black pepper, egg, and the bread crumb. Don’t over knead them just mixing would do great.
• Divide into 2 and pat them.
• Place a patty and a slice of smoked meat into a heated cast iron pan.
• Cook each side of the patty for 2 minutes and cook the smoked meat slice until it is crispy.
• After flipping the burger place the burger bun to the pan as well.
• Lay over 2 slices of the cheese to the bun base and 2 slices to the patty.
• To build the burger, place the patty to bun base, and then top with smoked meat. Place onions, gherkins, capers, and lettuce. Rub the bun top with mustard and ketchup to your taste. Gently press together. Repeat for the second burger.
• With addictive French fries, Travis Scott meal is ready to take you to happiness!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! واقعا متاسفیم که این مطلب رو دوست نداشتین
Let us improve this post! سپاسگزار میشیم چناچه پیشنهاد های سازندتون رو با ما درمیون بزارین
Tell us how we can improve this post? خواهشا, پیشنهاد بدین چطوری بهترش کنیم