Bad Ischl – Austria
Very Nice Travel
Bad Ischl is a famous spa town in Austria. The city has a long history and is characterised as the summer residence of the Imperial Court. It lies in the southern part of Upper Austria, at the Traun River in the centre of the Salzkammergut region. With its rich and interesting historical heritage, Its riverside location, wonderful architecture and proximity to the beautifully Mount Katrin , Bad Ischl is definitely among the most desirable tourist destinations of the region. This spa town’s reputation snowballed after the Habsburg Princess Sophie took a treatment here to cure her infertility in 1828. Within two years she had given birth to Emperor Franz Josef I. Every year, for 60 years, Franz Josef came with Sisi to summer resort.
During a day trip to Bad Ischl there is so much to see:
– The Kaiservilla, the Imperial Mansion, idyllic residence of the Hapsburgs surrounded by a grand park.
– The Lehár Villa was the preferred residence of the operetta composer Franz Lehár and he spent nearly every summer here until his death in 1948.
– The Museum of the town where Franz Joseph and Sisi celebrated their engagement.
– The Marmorschlössl was once a tea house of the Empress; today it houses a photography museum.
– St. Nikolaus is the Catholic parish church that houses the Anton-Bruckner organ.
– The Zauner pastry shop and café was founded in 1832 and is nearly as famous as Ischl itself. 200 different varieties of fresh confectionary are offered daily. Coffee and cake at the famous Zauner café is a »must« here.
– The Congress Centre and Theatre in the Kurpark combines historic ambience with state-of-the-art technological equipment for events with up to 1.200 people.
– The Trinkhalle was built between 1829 and 1831. Nowadays it is the seat of the tourist office and an event location.
– Salzkammergut Thermal Spa (Eurothermen Resort) – An excellent place to relax and spend even a day enjoying all the pools and saunas. It is definitely worth visiting.
Bad Ischl is a lovely town for a day’s shopping or walking where a visit to the emperors residence, the Kaiser Villa, and the famous Café Zauner for coffee and cake should definitely be on your itinerary.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! واقعا متاسفیم که این مطلب رو دوست نداشتین
Let us improve this post! سپاسگزار میشیم چناچه پیشنهاد های سازندتون رو با ما درمیون بزارین
Tell us how we can improve this post? خواهشا, پیشنهاد بدین چطوری بهترش کنیم اگر از ما جواب میخواین ایمیل آدرستون رو اینجا بنویسین